Saturday, September 25, 2010

Design Philosophy


Travel.  That's what I love.  If there was one thing that influenced my creativity more than anything, it would have to be traveling and keeping an open mind when visiting other countries and cultures.  Having lived in Singapore, I have a lot of respect and admiration for Oriental design.  I see a lot of my designs having traditional influences from several cultures with a slight contemporary flare, thus creating an eclectic  outcome.  Nature has always been an incredible beauty in my eyes and an important valuable to protect.  You will find a lot of nature influenced styles in my designs as well.  I tend to stray away from bright and bold colors, and favor soothing neutrals and calming color schemes. Originally graduating with a degree in Psychology, it took traveling to help me realize my interest in design and how passionate I felt about it.  The background in psychology has also helped me find interest in color psychology and the impact a space can have on a person's emotions.  All in all, I strive to create comforting spaces that influence, impact and inspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment